Wednesday, January 23, 2008

THE SEVEN SORROWS OF THE VIRGIN MARY

1. The Prophecy of Simeon:
"If I had allowed the knowledge of Simeon's prophecy to pierce My Heart over and over, I would have re-lived Jesus' passion over and over.
I prayed for the grace to be at peace in the present moment."

2. The Flight into Egypt:
"Though this was a hardship, our flight from Herod portrays God's provision amidst adversity.

3. Losing the Child Jesus in the Temple:
"When you seek My Son, you too will find Him in the temple of your heart."

4. The Meeting of Jesus and Mary on the Way of the Cross:
"I embraced Him in My Heart as I saw Him suffering under the weight of the cross.
You too must embrace Him in your hearts in the Blessed Sacrament.
Do not leave His Love unattended."

5. The Crucifixion:
"As I watched My Beloved Son draw His last breaths, I prayed He would persevere to the end. You must pray for the grace of final perseverance."

6. The Taking Down of the Body of Jesus from the Cross:
"I sorrowed that more would not benefit from His death.
I sorrowed for those who would not turn away from sin. I continue to sorrow for this."

7. The Burial of Jesus:
"I dressed His wounds. I arranged His Hands. I grieved. I gave Him to the world and the world rejected Him.
Pray for those who still reject Him."

No comments: